Will Open November 2020.
Proposal Submission Guidelines
- Call for Sessions Open: Oct/Nov
- Submission Deadline: December 4, 2020 (9 p.m. Eastern Time)
- Proposal Peer Review: Dec/Jan
- Committee Meeting/Session Recommendations: February
- Staff Final Review and Session Selection: March
- Speaker Notifications: April
- Planning Calls with Speakers: May
KEY THINGS TO NOTE
- To submit a proposal, you must have a My.LeadingAge login.
- If you are submitting a proposal on behalf of someone else, you must log in using the proposal submitter’s My.LeadingAge account/email.
- Please make sure to update your profile/contact information before starting a proposal.
- Review the required proposal components and draft your responses in advance.
- Changes, updates or speaker substitutions cannot be made to a proposal once it has been submitted.
- An organization can submit a maximum of two proposals (all proposals submitted by different individuals from the same organization, count towards this limit).
- An individual can submit a maximum of two proposals and be included as an additional speaker/panelist in proposals submitted by other organizations.
- To ensure a balanced program, LeadingAge may limit the number of sessions an organization can be represented in the final program.
A committee of LeadingAge members provides input on all the proposal submissions to help identify sessions that meet the needs of a wide range of aging services providers. The committee will keep in mind the following criteria when reviewing proposals:
- Overall quality, clarity and depth of session content
- Relevance of topic and applicability of concepts to aging services providers
- Presentation delivery and/or education methods that enhance the learning experience
- Experience and knowledge level of speakers as well as diversity of perspectives represented
Final selections are based on the committee’s recommendations as well as consideration for ensuring a variety of experiences, ideas, individuals, organizations, and topics are represented in the program.Close
DO AND DON'TS
- Each session should have at least two presenters and no more than four who represent a diversity of perspectives and subject matter expertise.
- Sessions are expected to incorporate the aging services provider perspective within the lineup of presenters.
- LeadingAge encourages the inclusion of elders, especially in sessions where the content touches on the resident experience.
- Tailor the information to the intended audience; be specific about the topic’s relevance and applicability to a specific provider type or professional discipline.
- The proposed content should cover the full 90 minutes allotted to all concurrent sessions.
- Sessions should not focus on one specific product or service, but rather focus on strategies, best practices, and resources that are applicable to a wide range of professionals in the field of aging services.
- Be mindful of the language —the words you use should embrace the entire spectrum of the lived experience and be inclusive of all ages and abilities.
- Browse this year’s education program for inspiration.
- See who attended the 2018 annual meeting.
- Refer to LeadingAge’s Anti-Ageism Quick Guide to ensure your proposal reflects person-centered values and language.
- Connect with a knowledge team member to get feedback or ask a question before submitting your proposal.
Are deadline extensions granted?
The submission site will close promptly at 9 p.m. Eastern Time on December 4, 2020. Proposals cannot be accepted once the submission site closes; no deadline extensions or exceptions will be granted.
Can I update my proposal once it submitted?
We cannot make changes to a proposal or include additional information once it has been submitted. We recommend reviewing the required proposal components and drafting your responses in advance.
Can I make a speaker change to a proposal once it submitted?
We cannot make speaker changes or additions once a proposal has been submitted. Once a proposal is selected, we will confirm the speakers for each session.
How are sessions organized?
To create a programming lineup that represents a wide array of topics we organize the conference by the following education tracks:
- Aging Services Technologies
- Cultural Competence, Diversity & Inclusion
- Design Strategies & Solutions
- Growth & Mission Advancement
- Holistic Wellbeing
- Living Well with Dementia
- Marketing & Consumer Behavior
- Operations & Performance Improvement
- Policy, Compliance & Legal Issues
- Workforce & Leadership Development
Who attends the conference?
The Annual Meeting is designed primarily by and for aging services professionals across the LTSS continuum. They cover a wide range of job titles and expertise.
Who can submit a proposal?
Everyone is encouraged to submit a proposal. Submissions are open to the public, regardless of membership status or previous roles within the community.
Can I propose a keynote/general session or Deep Dive workshop?
Thanks for your interest! Our keynote speakers and deep dive topics are by invitation only.
All presenters are expected to register for the conference. There are two different options available:
- Discounted full registration for those attending the entire conference
- Free daily registration for those only attending the day of their presentation