Proposal Submission Guidelines
The 2019 call for sessions is now closed. The 2020 Call for sessions will open in September.
Proposals that are incomplete or submitted late cannot be considered for review; we recommend reviewing the proposal components and drafting your responses in advance. In addition:
- An organization or individual may submit a maximum of two (2) proposals; all submissions by different individuals from the same organization count towards this limit.
- The person listed as the proposal submitter must be a speaker in the session; speaker changes cannot be accepted once a proposal is submitted.
- Content changes cannot be made to a proposal or additional information included once it is has been submitted.
- Proposals cannot be accepted once the submission site closes; no deadline extensions or exceptions will be granted.
- View this brief slide presentation for useful tips on writing a good proposal.
- Get a better sense of who attends the Annual Meeting, the regions and service lines represented.
- Need session ideas? Browse last year’s education program for ideas.
A peer review committee of LeadingAge members, experts in the field and association staff will review all proposal submissions using the following criteria:
- Overall quality, clarity and depth of session content
- Relevance of topic and applicability of concepts to aging services providers
- Presentation delivery and/or education methods that enhance the learning experience
- Experience and knowledge level of speakers as well as diversity of perspectives represented
Please Note: LeadingAge encourages the inclusion of elders, especially in sessions where the content touches on the resident experience.